The COVID-19 pandemic has meant more time indoors for many families. There are only so many Netflix series you can binge and games of Candy Land you can play before the boredom sets in. To help break up the monotony and save your sanity, here are some fun indoor activities for you to try this holiday break.
- Listen to an Audio Book Series. Take your eyes off the screen and let your imagination sore while some else reads aloud a book series for the whole family to enjoy. Harry Potter is a great first choice! You can combine this with doing puzzles, arts and crafts, and other relaxed activities.
- Bake. There is no better time than the holidays to crack open a cookbook and put your baking skills to the test. You can make it a family ordeal and make enough to share. Just be sure to keep an eye on the oven and make sure your smoke alarms are in working order!
- Host a Talent Show. Have everyone in your home participate, practice, and invite your friends and family to join you via Zoom to be your audience! Why not belt out a tune, tell a few jokes, or perform a gymnastics routine for those you love?
- Have a Scavenger Hunt. Good Housekeeping has 22 fun ideas for scavenger hunts to keep your kids guessing. Give one of them a try.
- Get Moving. Get off the sofa and get your body moving! With just a few simple items such as tape, balloons, sticky notes, plastic cups, and bean bags, you can create dozens of DIY games to burn off energy. Check out Whatmomslove.com for ideas.
Cabin fever is no joke. If you have ideas, please share them in the comment section below. We would love to hear how are you killing time and staying active during the pandemic?